Monday, October 27, 2008

Introduction Letter

Jman,

You are nearly six years old now and I've wanted to write notes to you since you were born, unfortunately, I've always had an excuse as to why I haven't. I don't want to excuse my writing to you anymore. I've wanted you since I knew I could be a mom. When I was growing up, everyone used to hand off their children to me, because they knew how good I was with them. I always hoped that one day I would have a child of my own and God blessed me with you.

From the moment you were born, I've been in awe of you. You are so smart, so loving, so intuitive, so brave. You are what I consider an "old soul". You seem to have knowledge far beyond your years and the greatest example of that was when Poppy passed away. You comforted me in a way that no one else had been able to. I'm reminded of that night on night's like tonight, when you sleepily said 'Mommy, I miss Poppy!" I'm so glad you remember...I will make sure you never forget. Your Poppy loved you so intensely, I can't even describe it and he would be so proud to see how you are growing and how your personality is developing.

You have a way of making me see things in a new light. You give me an appreciation for the little things and I pray that you never lose that. I want you to always have that wonder, hear your laugh from another room, and your utter acceptance of those who have come into you life. You are a special little man. You've started school this year and are doing so wonderfully. You are also in soccer and you get out there and play even when your little legs are freezing - you put on your game face and just last week you assisted in one of your teams goals. You have no fear. I love that! You listen to your body. I wish I remembered how to do that. You are active, but you also give yourself time to rest.

You love being with daddy playing games, but when you want to relax, you come to mommy. We sit on the couch and cuddle under covers, even when its warm, because that is what cuddling is to us. We sit and watch episodes of SpongeBob, Tom & Jerry, and Curious George. Its our time. I pray that as you get older, you will always look back on those moments fondly and know how much I love you.

I tell you I love you and you say I love you too. I say I love you more and you say I love you more then a pie. I don't know where you got that from, but it makes me laugh everytime you say it. These are the things I want you to remember...you tell me even when you are big you will always be mommy's little boy...I hope that is always the case.

I love you!
Mommy

No comments: